Thursday, January 21, 2016

Pretty Good Grief

When reading the daily news of late it has occurred to me that maybe I really do have things dialled as Crossley once pointed out. Commodity prices are tumbling, extractivist industry is yesterday's activity, the nation's economy is at risk for padding all the wrong baskets. It makes me very grateful to have gone long on Duke Playmates, long on Bracebridge United Church, community choirs, one certain woman and family. After all, there's a roof over my head, vegetables ready, meat thawing, a fire roaring and work awaiting in the shop which sustains it all. Who could ask for anything more? I think I'll go short on the daily news and the perspective that focuses on Palin and Trump. I must get on to the invitations for dinner and future gatherings. I must reach out to the friend recovering from surgery, and go visit my mother whether she's aware of my presence or not. I must search out that swedish folk song she loved so much in the hope that it sparks some connection in her mind that hasn't left yet. My dad had it dialled when he talked of the Privilege Of Living.

No comments:

Post a Comment